Monday 16 January 2012

Clay sculpture

Friday arvo I had a few drinks with some friends.  I had a bit of a hangover the next day.  I tried to sculpt something and found that the place before it starts to look good was just too much.  Many doubts were flowing through my mind.  "This sucks, you dont know what your doing, give up, this will never work, etc.." 
It was hard to get through it so, I didnt. 
I decided to make myself breakfast.  Beef sausages, poached eggs, toast, broccoli, tomato, avocado, spring onion and of coarse, coffee.  I felt a little better after that but, didnt go back to that same sculpture.  I started a new one.  The one below.  It took ages (about 6-8hrs) to complete.  All the while all those negative thoughts in my head.  But I kept countering them by saying, "I hear you but if I keep going, it will work out.  Just a little bit at a time.  Block it in and refine, refine, refine, refine."
Anyway, after a bit of a struggle, here it is.  Its sculpted from the zbrush sculpt posted one before this.  Its not quite the same but its kind of close...

No comments:

Post a Comment